The Century old former CN Station and grounds, have been purchased by Mr. Ralph Bangay, a local historian. It was constructed in 1857, using brick from the local area, and followed a similiar design of other stations between Toronto and Montreal. In it's heyday, the station was a very busy place, as seen in the picture on this page. It was a popular arrival spot for guests travelling to Presquile (now the site of a large Provincial Park). The station remained open for passenger service until the 1960's, and then used only for Express freight and for the C.N. maintenace people until recently. On the back track are some examples of Canadian railway equipment he has acquired for restoration and display. The station also reflects Brighton's historical past, as well as the area's rich Marine history.
In 1995 Mr Bangay purchased the property and continues to develop the station as a Railway Museum and a place for local historical artifacts. The station is located adjacent to the busy C.N. and C.P. Toronto-Montreal main lines. A great place for train watching and railfans are welcome to sit at the platform and watch the trains pass by.
All restoration has been done by our dedicated volunteers and friends. Admission is Free and donations for ongoing restoration are always welcome. So come on by and visit!