Originally Grand Trunk Railway. Class N-4-A Built by the Montreal Locomotive Works in 1906. Renumbered #2534, when taken over by the Canadian Naitonal Railway. the locomotive was originally assigned to Turcott Roundhouse. Because of it's 40,000lbs of tractive power, it was used to draw freight, passengers and mixed train service between Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa and Pembroke.
In 1959, it was withdrawn from service and in 1966 presented to the City of Belleville. In 1998, after much thought and work the engine was brought to Brighton. due to it's tremendous weight (105 tons), it was dismantled into two separate pieces and placed on flat bed floats. Although the journey to its new home didn't take long, it took a crew of twelve men over eight hours to load and unload the train. C.N.R #2534 is one of only three remaining in existence in the N-4-A Class.